Sunday, August 2, 2009

More Video Goodness

Here's a really cool video that I took with my GOPRO camera. And while I have you here, let me just tell you how perfect this camera is. It's small, waterproof, and mounts right to the kayak with a super-powerful suction cup. It would be great for someone training without a coach who still wanted to do video technique analysis. Check out the website.

This video features Ariel Farrar-Wellman, Jen Burke, Kaitlyn McElroy, and Maia Farrar-Wellman... but Maia is the only one you can actually see, since she was sitting in 4th seat. :) She's also wearing wacky kineseo-tape on her upper back, if you were wondering what all that black tape is for. (It acts kind of like an exo-skeleton.)




And here's another one of me in my k1. You can notice that my body isn't twisting perfectly back and forth.. I sort of tip over and fall onto the stroke sometimes. (bad!) That's why this camera is awesome... instant feedback, and a totally different angle of video than coaches get when video-ing from the motorboat.




And lastly, if you want to see ALL my fun kayak videos, visit my youtube channel here.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

The gopros are quite nice - im glad that huge water droplet managed to come off the lens.

Check these gopros in action:
http://www.ocpaddler.com/node/4615

Too bad there wasnt a way to mount it so you could video tape side view rather than just front or back but its still pretty cool - even as a helmet cam when mountain biking ;)