Sunday, January 30, 2011

Nothing like snake pictures to ruin a perfectly good afternoon

I made it back to California earlier this week! I don't have much to report. I've spent the last few days cleaning my apartment, working on schoolwork (I'm a full-time student this semester, online and at UCSD), and training. So I figured I'd just post a pretty picture of where I live and train.

However, much to my dismay, a google images search for "otay lake" comes up with not only pretty pictures like above, but also pictures of GROSS NASTY BLACK SNAKES!!!!!


Terrfied and confused, I researched further. I know there are rattlesnakes all over the place, but it's very rare that I see one. So what's the deal with all the snake pictures? Well, turns out Otay Lake is home to Rosy Boa constrictors (Lichanura trivirgata), which come in tons of different colors-- around Otay Lake, they're black. Some whacko-- I mean snake enthusiast-- has a website dedicated to them.

eww. scary. SNAKES, STAY AWAY FROM ME!!!!!!!

No comments: