Tuesday, September 8, 2009

A few weeks at home is NEVER enough.

I didn't have much time or desire to post entries while relaxing at home in Fairport, New York. Words can't really do it justice, so here are some photos of my time there.


While shopping, I found a crown.


Cooking was a highlight because I hardly ever get the opportunity. Here I was making pasta sauce, broccoli, cauliflower, hummus with garbanzo beans and peppers, and chocolate-chip cookies!


However, I didn't want to eat any of the chocolate-chip cookie dough, so I put tape over my mouth.


I got to help move my little sister Anna back to her dorm at SUNY Cortland, where she is a sophomore studying health sciene.


It's a good thing Matt has me to draw tough stuff on his biceps to make them look halfway decent before he raced La Classique.



One of the locks on the Erie Canal, taken from my kayak


Running... or rather, pausing my run to take a photo


Kayaking with Nicole on the Genesee River... this session was so much fun because there were all these marching bands practicing on the riverbanks throughout the park... like 4 or 5 different bands, and the drums were vibrating the water!!


Holly, Danielle and I did a 2 hour 45-minute paddle while the boys did 4-hours... and clearly we were just in it for the sun tan ;)

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Good thing you taped your mouth shut, cuz those cookies are unbelievable!

Thanks a billion. From me and my roomies

Emily said...

Remember when I was bored and you said "Go on a fun trail run... then come back and bake delicious chocolate-chip cookies and send them to 103 King's St."

Ask and you shall receive!!