Monday, March 14, 2011

Books books books

I have a lot of reading for this semester's courseload, which is proving difficult to balance when my brain feels like mush 90% of the time from training.

But I guess all college students probably feel overwhelmed. The good news is that A. I to read and write, hence the whole English-major gig; and B. most of the literature has been good, or at least enriching.

And amidst all the work, I've found time to read fun books too! Like today, I sat down for 3-4 hours and read a book cover-to-cover. I only got up once. (To abruptly run from my towel on the lawn when 4 sprinklers went off within 2 feet of me.)

So here's what I've read since February:

Beowulf
Sir Gawain and the Green Knight
The Canturbury Tales
- Chaucer
The Kite Runner- Khaled Houseini
The Book of Ruth- Jane Hamilton
Between, Georgia- Joshilyn Jackson
An Unsuitable Job for a Woman- P.D. James
Utopia- Thomas More
The Adventures of Huckleberry Finn- Twain
The Great Gatsby- Fitzgerald
My Antonia- Willa Cather
Of Mice and Men- Steinbeck
To Kill a Mockingbird- Harper Lee
A River Runs Through It- Norman McLean

No comments: