Sunday, June 20, 2010

Fem and Ian's Excellent Adventure

Ian flew in from California last week. It was his first trip to the East Coast so I was really trying to represent.


We rock climbed at the Dihedrals in Little Falls, NY


and then had a gorgeous drive to Connecticut


for my grandma's 80th birthday party. (Happy Birthday Grandma!)


It was a riot seeing the family and playing with all my cousins.


The slackline was also a big hit.


The rest of the week we kayaked,


Celebrated my brother Paul's 17th birthday with a garbage plate "cake" (I officially patent this idea),


visited Wegmans (3 different locations on 5 separate occasions),


And had an eleven-hour fishing marathon.

And in the end the n00b deemed the East Coast "like Ireland on crack," "picturesque," "quaint," "legitimately historic," "like being in Where the Red Fern Grows," "perfect for a hobo," and "ahhhh soooo gorgeous!!"

No comments: