Saturday, July 25, 2009

Pleasant Saturday mornings

I happily woke up at 5:30 this morning to watch the penultimate stage of the Tour. I don't have a tv, so I'm trying to stream it online. (My internet isn't really fast enough to do this, so I'm settling for just listening to the commentary.) Things could be worse. I'm drinking coffee and stretching, getting ready for my own training session which will commence in 2 hours. My training session-- 6x 250m-- is quite different than the Mt. Ventoux stage-- 167 kilometers, including a punishing mountain climb-- but there are lots of similarities, too. I think there's much to be learned from these riders, especially in the category of "Ferocity."

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Lance Armstrong paddling:
http://livestrongblog.org/2008/02/27/hawaiian-vacation/

=)