Wednesday, May 20, 2009

Welcome to Poland

As a last hurrah in the Czech republic, I woke up at 5:30 this morning to go for a lovely run through the forest. I found tall pine trees, beautiful wildflowers, dewey farm fields, and a real-live crowing rooster!

At 7:30am we piled into the van and drove more than 8 hours to Poznan, Poland. So far, I love everything about this place. Our rooms have hard-wood floors, beds with mattresses, and a patio! We are just a 5-minute walk from the finish line of the course.

The course has stadium-type stands and lots of bleachers in different areas. On the far bank, there's some sort of ski hill with a tiny chairlift that I'll investigate further. The whole atmosphere here is buzzing with excitement. I'll take some pictures tomorrow as we are setting up everything for the start of the World Cup on Friday.

But the best part by far is the food: they have vegetables here! I'm thrilled... and full of delicious salad and sauteed vegetables. Life is good in Poznan!

No comments: