Sunday, December 21, 2008

My New Bench Pull



Problem: utilizing the bench pull is paramount to my lifting program, and I didn't have access to one at home. (And of course, given my steadfast desire to get stronger by executing my strength & conditioning program to the best of my ability, this seemed like a real pickle.) Solution: commission my dad to help me build one!

It was fairly simple: a bunch of 2x4's, cut them down to the correct length, and insert many screws. The top is padded with foam making the grand total cost of the products only $17!!



Lastly, I found 250lbs worth of old Olympic weights on craigslist for $50. I set up my new bench pull and weights right smack in the middle of my 15 year-old brother's recording studio, for which, in my defense, he claimed the basement as soon as I moved out.

No comments: