Thursday, February 21, 2008

Recovery Week

This week is easy week, and it has come as a godsend for most of us: the lighter training load is making us all feel much more rested. We’ve done quality team boat work every day, and it’s all been pretty swell.

Yesterday I sneezed a few more times than usual, and like any athlete would understand, I went nutso at the mere thought of getting sick. I went to Walgreens and stocked up on zinc lozenges and airborne and I’ve been working hard at warding it off all day today.

My mom says it is cold and snowy back home in Rochester, and I do miss the chilly weather. Sometimes I wear my ski hat around the training center and pretend I’m in Lake Placid, but the palm trees and balmy breeze don’t do much as far as creating the mood. Oh well.

No comments: