Sunday, February 7, 2016

Sunday Adventures

Today, like most Sundays, was a day off of training. Normally Sundays at home are for laundry, shopping, and cooking meals for the week, but I have a lot more time on my hands these days, so I decided to do some active recovery outside in the sunshine. Plus getting to explore some new places in Georgia is always a plus! My friend Suzie and I drove 50 minutes Northwest to Amicalola Falls State Park, which is where the Appalachian Trail starts (Springer Mountain). Here are some pictures from the adventure!
View of the falls from the bottom
View of the falls from midway up this intricate wooden staircase that switchbacks up the entire hill
600 stair steps later, we reached the top and were rewarded with this view!
Then we hiked further up and found this beautiful lodge with a restaurant in it. . . and met Kellog the snake and Pickles the possum. If you are confused, then that makes 2 of us. Or maybe 4 of us, because I imagine the snake and the possum don't know what's going on either.

Adirondack rocking chairs on a sunny deck overlooking the mountains? Don't mind if we do!
Here's the view we were enjoying from those rocking chairs.
Oh, I also found a bear. (If you know me at all, you know I love bears!) 
I had THIS MUCH FUN!



No comments: