Saturday, August 18, 2012

Marathon Nationals 2012

I raced marathon canoe/kayak nationals August 10-12 in Warren, PA.  It's fun to race in Warren because they host nationals every couple years.  (I raced there in 2003 and 2007.)  The Allegheny River was rather shallow this year, so I'm really glad I brought my beater kayak.  Each race was 14 miles downriver.  I placed first in the marathon kayak race on Friday, first in the women's canoe on Saturday with Holly Reynolds, and 6th in the mixed canoe on Sunday with Marc Gillespie.  Though I don't think of myself as much of a marathon paddler these days, it was masochistically fun to take on a new challenge.

Holly and me

Marc and me

The folks at Will Arts photography took these and other great photos of the event. More can be found here.

No comments: