Tuesday, August 23, 2011

Empire State Regatta

As I mentioned in my previous post, July 30th was the Empire State Regatta. This was an awesome opportunity to race in my hometown of Fairport!

After the Lake Placid Regatta, I decided to take a short break from kayaking. I do this every year after the season; it provides an opportunity to rest, recover, and regain motivation to get out on the water daily.

The 5k at the Empire State Regatta was my first jaunt on the water since World Championships Team Trials in Lake Placid. Although my lower back didn't appreciate the introduction, it was a really fun course and a great summer race! I really look forward to upcoming editions of this regatta, especially since I see the Rochester kayak racing community growing exponentially right now.

No comments: