Tuesday, October 6, 2009

2016 Olympics in Rio

Well, I can't lie: I was very disappointed when Chicago lost the 2016 Olympic bid last week. I have relatives in Chicago and I like the city; I dreamt of having the huge honor of competing in front of my friends and family on home soil! However, after much thought and discourse, I've put aside my disappointment. The whole point of the Olympic movement is to spread goodwill, charity, knowledge, and opportunity. Rio de Janeiro needs it much more than Chicago. And furthermore, it will be exciting for athletes to compete in the Olympics on South American soil for the first time!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Chicago would have been nice, I was hoping for Madrid though. Rio is great though, maybe I'll come down to see you compete, two of my friends are from Sao Paulo.