Tuesday, September 30, 2008

PRECIPITATION!?!?

Summary of the following post, for those who prefer to skim:

I am in love with rain
I hate the weather here


In all the time I have spent here in San Diego during the past 3 years, I can count the number of rain showers on one hand. Yesterday morning added one more to the count. I left the house into a steady rain on my bike and was ecstatic. On the water, it down-poured for a few lovely minutes in spotty patches throughout the lake. I suggested we stay right underneath the big black cloud rather than follow the buoy line, but the cloud wasn't exactly keeping our L2 pace (even at a sluggish 5:20) so we quickly out-paced it. I missed the rain dearly for the rest of the day, especially since that's all anyone could talk about all afternoon. (Precipitation is like, less common than shark attacks or ravaging wildfires.) Today we're back to 85 and sunny, which I have apparently come to consider absolutely dismal.

No comments: