Wednesday, April 9, 2008

Rollerskiing

(Apparently the only rollerksiing photo I have is of me in the 4th of july parade when I was 14.)


Among other fun toys that my dad brought me (such as my rock-climbing stuff, camping gear, and mandolin) were my rollerskis! I’ve been itching to take them out for a week- cautiously, of course, as I have to be careful not to get hurt- and I finally did today. Just a short little jaunt: after all, it’s my first day on skis (Or, as I would have told you in high school, it was the first day of off-season training for the winter).

Man, we had some good rollerskiing adventures back in the day. I’m told that some diehards can be found skiing up and down the sidewalks along one of the beaches here. I have to check that out, along with... sand skiing? Is anybody familiar?

So much fun stuff to DO!! I just wish I had some nor-dorks out here to enjoy it with me.

No comments: